Naively, I thought this would originally be a two or three-weekend project, done within the month. Let’s just say I have a whole new level of appreciation for just how much planning/measuring/supply-shopping/trimming/new tool-learning/testing/floor-cutting/priming/painting/drying/re-measuring/touching up/assembling is involved! And to do it right, having never done it before, it took a little longer than expected.
Throw in that during the bookcase progress we were also tackling landscaping, bedroom-updating, my office, canvas-painting, lawn maintenance, planning a garage sale, redesigning our closet, and just living life in general OUTSIDE the house…yeah, I’m good with our timeline and pleased these got done as “soon” as they did. 🙂
From where we last left off, Page cut several more pieces of trim…let me just pause there for time lapse emphasis…cutting trim is WAY more involved than I ever imagined. Lots of very precise math and angles and getting it JUST right.
Finally, I was on the fence but decided the whole shebang needed one final coat of paint to smooth everything out. And then of course because I rushed and didn’t tape off, I had to go back with a small brush and our grey paint to touch up the walls where I got outside the lines. 🙂 We gave them 24 hours to fully dry…
It’s so nice to see the added architectural interest in the room, AND to have additional storage for all of the stuff that will go in here. I will be able to fit many dishes, ALL of our books/albums, DVD collection, our stash of blankets, and some decorative pieces all in these bookcases. Soooo happy! Back very soon with some better shots (on a camera other than my phone!) of them being put to use! 🙂